Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Many Faces of Friendship

Face it..

At some point in time, we've all come across those "friends" that make us wonder, "What the heck have I been thinking??". Through the years, I've learned that all friendships are different in one way or another. Every friend has a different "face". No, I'm not talking about the one on the front side of their heads; I'm referring to their inner face.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes us a while to unveil what type of face a new friend may have. Beauty or The Beast...

I've come up with a list of faces that I have been subjected to in my life. Of course, there's no possible way I could ever name them all, but these are a few of my favorites!

  1. The "I Need You" Face - I need you... I need you... I need you... Ugh.. The face that shows up everytime it needs something.. The face that will not be around when YOU need something. I've had my share of dealings with this face my entire life. After a while, you realize the easiest thing to do is ditch this face & find a new one. This face will suck you dry & leave you hanging.  
  2. The "Fair Weather" Face - This face is one that you'll only see when things are going good in your life. Once you start the downward slope into hell, this face will disappear. Don't worry though! After you bring yourself out of the pits & start pushing forward, it will show back up.. My advice is to not put these faces on a pedestal. They will surely let you down in the long run.
  3. The "User" Face - What a heifer.. All this face wants to do is meet other faces, use you to make their face seem prettier, & borrow your resources to their aid. If you're not careful, you will find your own face in a major bind. These faces definitely aren't worth your time & generosity.
  4. The "I'll Be There For You" Face -  It's hard to find one of these faces. They are few & far between. You'll probably only come across a handful of these in a lifetime. These faces will cry with you, laugh with you & bring the shovel when someone pisses you off. You may not see this face or talk to it every day, but you know that as soon as your face needs it, it will be there.
  5. The "Soul Mate" Face - The best & rarest of all faces! Compare it to outward beauty & a Swedish Super Model couldn't touch it! There's probably only one of these faces per person in this world. This face knows there is something wrong before you do. This face can finish your sentences, be brutally honest without hurting your feelings & pick you up when no one else can. This face is often thought of as one of the opposite sex, but I don't believe that is entirely true. I don't think there's a man in this world that could do a better job at being my "Soul Mate" Face than the girl that now holds the position! You'll have ups & downs with the face, but somehow, you'll always manage to work it out. And you're relationship will grow stronger with the face because of the lessons that each of you have learned.
There they are! A few of my favorite faces. I hope that maybe you can take my experiences and use it to your advantage. I challenge you to figure out which face you are. If you can see where your face can use some adjusting, do it. Don't be the face that everyone hates to see coming their way.


No comments:

Post a Comment